Lead Interaction Designer
Up to £60,000 plus benefits
Manchester city centre
We’re looking for a lead interaction designer to join our growing service design team of 32 designers, content designers and user researchers. You will lead the design of our innovative products and services that provide customers and colleagues in our food stores with the outstanding service they expect.
As a lead designer, you will be accountable for the design output of your product team. This means you will have to design collaboratively in the open, justify your design decisions within the team, use feedback to drive continuous change and influence and collaborate with senior leaders. You’ll keep the end user at the forefront of every decision you make, whilst ensuring the business objective is represented.
What you’ll do
• work in an agile, multi-disciplinary team to design digital services that meet user needs
• own the design process on high profile, complex digital services
• take responsibility for a service area, leading design across a number of products
• consider the wider impact of the products you design, positively influencing the whole service experience
• deliver design work that aligns to our vision as a Co-op and confidently present to key stakeholders
• contribute to the strategic and iterative improvement of digital services
• collaborate with colleagues to build a consistent, coherent user experience
• expertly communicate design decisions to other digital and business colleagues
• be an advocate for accessibility in all aspects of service designs
This role would suit people who have
• a proven design background (if you have a link to an online portfolio included in your CV that would be beneficial)
• confidence to present your ideas to colleagues and take feedback on board
• an ability to learn, develop and grow with a focus on continuous professional development
• resilience and a growth mindset
• business understanding and natural commercial acumen
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.