Lead Finance Manager – Price & Promotions
£55,000 - £60,000 plus benefits (Grade D)
Manchester city centre
We’re looking for a commercially focussed lead finance manager to help us to understand and improve the performance of price and promotional strategies across our Food Retail business. If you can bring us the ability to provide meaningful insight underpinned by expert technical finance knowledge, we can offer you the chance to develop your career with a business that puts people right at the heart of its strategy.
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with colleagues and leaders across the business to help drive better commercial decisions that’ll benefit our customers, members and colleagues. You’ll use data to draw valuable insight in driving improvements; it’s a pivotal role, and a great opportunity for you to gain fantastic exposure, and make a real impact on the way we do business.
What you’ll do:
• perform complex analysis and provide insight surrounding the impact of price & promotions on sales performance and profitability
• construct and evaluate financial business cases around proposed investment choices and business strategies
• build meaningful relationships and work closely with senior leaders and colleagues across finance, commercial and the wider Co-op
• voice your opinion – and be prepared to influence and challenge when necessary
• motivate the wider commercial finance team to develop and engage their own capability, including managing and developing 1-2 direct reports
This role would suit people who have:
• significant commercial finance experience
• outstanding communication skills, with the ability to engage with and influence people at all levels
• the ability to using story telling techniques to simplify complex information and support key financial and commercial business decisions
• strong attention to detail and experience of analysing and manipulating complex data sets
• the confidence to work both autonomously and collaboratively with all kinds of people
• a highly analytical background within FMCG
• the ability to thrive in a fast-paced role and adapt quickly to change
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.