Lead Finance Manager – Logistics Network Optimisation
£competitive plus benefits (Grade D18)
Manchester city centre
12 month fixed term contract
We’re looking for an experienced lead finance manager to join our finance team and partner with our logistics function to support the evolution of our future distribution network. You’ll sit within the finance team, but you’ll be working with the project team, supporting them with your financial expertise. If you’re a finance manager with the technical skills to drive the development of compelling business cases, we can offer you the chance to make a big impact in a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As a lead finance manager, you'll build credibility with our project team and business leaders, really adding value to the project by providing insight that’s clear and accessible. Your strong commercial awareness and ability to robustly challenge ideas will be essential to help look for better and more efficient ways to achieve our ambitions. So, if you have what it takes to manage the ambiguity and complexity that come with a project of this nature, you’ll have a unique opportunity to help shape our business.
What you’ll do
• act as the finance conscience within the project team
• develop financial models to accurately determine the costs, benefits and risks of multiple scenarios and their sensitivity to our input assumptions
• provide financial insight within the project, actively communicating any issues or updates to the project leads and the finance team
• build relationships with external consultants and multiple internal partners to make sure that the cross functional impacts of proposals are well understood
• support the development of documentation to articulate options and recommendations to the business
This role would suit people who have
• natural drive and an ability to adapt and thrive in a project environment
• confidence to build solid and meaningful relationships with people at all levels
• the ability to build robust financial models, quantifying the impact of operational structures and the sensitivity of outcomes to input assumptions
• an inquisitive approach and great attention to detail
• financial qualification and experience of working on large projects in retail, FMCG, distribution, supply chain, or similar fast paced and dynamic environments
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, and in this role you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.