Lead Finance Analyst - Retail Operations
£40,000 - £45,000 plus benefits (Grade E16)
Manchester city centre
We’re looking for a lead finance analyst to play a key role in supporting our retail operations teams to successfully deliver their plans. If you can bring us the level of commercial acumen and financial expertise that we’re looking for, we can offer you the chance to develop your skills and build a career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As a lead finance analyst, it’ll be your job to develop robust insight for the business and the finance business partners to drive business direction and decisions, through everything from ad hoc pieces of insight to more complex modelling. You’ll be leading our store budgeting and forecasting process, bringing external benchmarking in and fully engaging with leaders across the retail business, making sure our store and field teams have targets that will deliver our strategic plan. You’ll also play a key role in the successful delivery of our change and transformation programmes in retail, through test and trial analysis and project decision support.
What you’ll do
• lead our store level forecasting and modelling process and outcomes, reflecting internal and external trends as well as our strategic plans and programmes
• partner closely with finance business partners and managing directors within our retail business to provide them with store performance insights and analysis
• perform complex analysis and extract insights using various tools to inform critical business decisions
• influence and challenge internal partners on decision making
• build relationships and work closely with central and field operations teams
• provide decision support for some of our change and transformation programmes in the retail business
This role would suit people who have
• excellent Excel and Microsoft Office skills
• an accountancy qualification
• strong analytical skills, with the ability to provide insights which drive performance in our stores
• excellent relationship building and communication skills, able to challenge and influence a variety of partners across the business
• the ability to work in a large, dynamic organisation
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.