Infrastructure Engineer - Linux
£42,000 - £45,000 plus benefits (Work Level 6A)
Manchester city centre
We’re now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between home/remote working and the office. You can find out more about our hybrid working policy at colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy
We’re looking for an infrastructure engineer to join us at Co-op in our Infrastructure Services team. As part of our brand-new technology function, you’ll play a key part in supporting the technical direction for Linux.
In this role, you’ll work as part of a collaborative and forward-thinking team that’s developing new ways of working and continually driving improvement. If you can bring us the technical expertise that we’re after, we can offer you the chance to grow your career, make a meaningful impact and bring huge value to our business.
What you’ll do
• contribute specialist knowledge, expertise and advice in the creation and deployment of solutions and associated services
• work on critical programme activities, collaborating with other delivery teams to ensure adherence to our strategic roadmap
• utilise partnership relationships with key vendors and technical authorities in order to assure ongoing best practice development and issue resolution
• assist in the design, build and configuration of Linux systems and technologies which are central to our operation
This role will suit people who have
• proven expertise of Linux systems administration (such as Red Hat or SUSE), design, build, security and configuration in an on-prem and cloud enterprise environment
• experience of developing build and automated configuration / Desired State Configuration (DSC) working with Ansible, Git and other Cloud focussed solutions
• the ability to work autonomously, be proactive, and adapt well to new tasks and project
• an interest to learn and develop new skills and share knowledge with the team
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies
As part of your application, you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.