Head of Product
Competitive salary plus benefits (Grade C20)
Manchester city centre
Over the next 5 years we’re going to grow the Co-op and help make the communities we serve great places to live. In our Food business we have 3,500 stores, 70,000 colleagues and we’ve got big ambitions to launch new customer-facing products & services that will transform the experience for our Customers and Colleagues in store. We’re looking for a head of product to lead our multidisciplinary digital teams working within one of our business areas to build products and services that meet the needs of our members, customers and colleagues, and deliver against business goals.
In this role you’ll lead a multi-disciplinary agile product team responsible for building and iterating digital products and services within our business, working with senior stakeholders to craft compelling user-centred product strategies that meet the needs of users and help the business achieve its strategic goals.
What you’ll do
• create and deliver experiences that add value to members, colleagues and customers, and creates a sustainable competitive advantage for the Co-op
• position digital development as a fundamental part of our business proposition
• support digital transformation at the Co-op by demonstrating agile ways of working and helping colleagues across the business understand and opt lean ways of working.
• put data at the heart of the proposition and use insights to optimise the user experience and continuously improve ways of working
• articulate your product vision to the team, and break up its delivery into meaningful, achievable goals
• lead, organise and inspire the multi-disciplinary team with sharp analysis and well communicated decisions
• manage the digital roadmap and make sure technology partners deliver our requirements
• work closely with the commercial and development teams to optimise sales
• increase customer numbers through acquisition and retention
This role would suit people who have
• extensive experience leading multi-disciplinary agile product teams
• experience creating a raft of digital products that deliver a coherent customer experience
• natural curiosity and a keen desire to discover what users need
• the ability to collaborate with and influence all kinds of different people
• good story telling skills with the ability to communicate a compelling vision to the team
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.