Head of Online Operations
£competitive plus benefits, including company car
Field-based across the UK with 2 days working from our Head Office in Manchester
We’re looking for a head of online operations to join us, and spearhead the development of our new online delivery strategy, as we trial it across more than 200 of our Co-op Food stores across the UK. This is an exciting and high-profile role, and if you have the retail expertise and commercial acumen that we’re looking for, then we can offer you the chance to create a lasting impression on the way we do business at the Co-op.
In this role, you’ll be working closely with key partners both within the Co-op and beyond, putting processes in place to make sure that colleagues are fully prepared for the introduction of online delivery strategy, so that we can provide customers with the professional and slick service they expect from us. You’ll spot opportunities to improve processes and drive efficiencies, overseeing the whole operation to check that we’re consistently performing against our customers' needs. This is a rare opportunity to define your profile and gain incredible exposure to the business, whilst making big steps towards making our Co-op fit for the future.
What you’ll do
• work collaboratively with a diverse range of teams and colleagues across Co-op’s Retail business ensuring that the online delivery strategy is landed successfully in our stores
• build processes to make sure that store colleagues are engaged and are equipped with the tools and knowledge they’ll need to confidently embed the new online delivery strategy
• make sure that the ‘behind the scenes’ aspect of Co-op’s online delivery process is performing well, and enabling us to provide outstanding customer service
• monitor sales numbers, waste, leakage, and profit and loss (P&L) making sure that projects are performing against customer KPIs
• spot opportunities to make improvements, taking findings from trials and implementing new ways of working based on this
• take accountability for a multi-million pound budget
This role would suit people who have
• experience of managing a multisite retail operation
• experience of working in a multi/omni-channel environment would be highly beneficial
• previous project management experience would be advantageous but isn’t essential
• excellent relationship-building skills, with the ability to engage with and influence people at all levels
• the ability to prioritise conflicting demands, and thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• expert communication skills both verbal and written
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
● competitive salary
● coaching, training and support to help you develop
● pension with up to 10% employer contributions
● annual incentive scheme
● 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
● discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.