Head of Digital Design
£75,000 - £90,000 depending on experience (Grade C)
Manchester city centre
Flexible working options available
We’re looking for a head of digital design to join our team and lead the design of products and services, partner with our business leaders and develop our growing design communities. At Co-op Digital, we’re creating new products, services and platforms to help our business make the most of digital and pioneering new ways to co-operate online.
As head of digital design, you’ll lead the digital customer experience across Co-op. You’ll bring together a talented team of content designers, interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, service designers and front end engineers. We’ll look to you to motivate and inspire colleagues inside and outside digital, building strong relationships with senior business leaders. If you can bring us the design expertise and people skills we need, you’ll get the opportunity to shape the future of digital experience at Co-op.
What you’ll do
• lead and develop the design of our products and services, making sure services are designed to meet user needs
• set the direction and strategy for digital design and customer experience
• grow our design communities and develop their skills and capabilities
• be accountable for our design principles
• directly line manage a team of principal designers
• motivate and inspire designers in the team
• actively listen to team members, resolving conflict and empowering colleagues
• facilitate and encourage collaboration across product teams
• be an active leader across the Co-op and influence the future customer experience
• build strong relationships with business leaders and influence at a senior level
• lead change and transformation across digital
This role would suit people who have
• experience leading and growing a large design team
• a broad understanding of design and customer experience
• experience leading multi-disciplinary product teams
• a commitment to making design decisions backed by user research and data
• the ability to build positive relationships and influence colleagues up to director level
• a portfolio of work that demonstrates your ability to lead and grow a team, development of other designers and your strategic process
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, and you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• car allowance or company car
• private health cover
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
Please note as part of your application for this role you’ll need to complete an online assessment – this will take around 12 minutes.