Up to £45,000 plus benefits including flexible working (Grade E)
This role can be based from our offices in Manchester, Sheffield, Bristol or Stratford
We’re looking for a full-stack developer to join our Co-op IT Team, specifically supporting our Legal Services Business. We’ve recently created a new offline web application that is used every day by around 80 of our Legal Services colleagues, and makes a real difference to the way we do business. Although it’s in its infancy, this exciting piece of new technology has already been shortlisted for awards in its first year, and we’ve got ambitious plans for its future. This is a rare opportunity for you to join a small team, to make a very big impact.
In this role, you’ll work closely with partners in our Legal Services business to understand what the system needs in order to create the best possible experience for both the user, and our customers. You’ll use your expert technical knowledge and commercial acumen to advance and grow this application, providing new solutions that’ll improve ways of working for colleagues out in the field, as well as aiding a smoother experience for clients. If you can offer us the knowledge and passion that we’re after, we can offer you the chance to showcase your skills and grow your profile in a business that puts people, and technology, at the heart of its strategy.
What you’ll do
• design, build and maintain new applications
• spot opportunities to improve and make processes and systems quicker and more efficient
• make sure code is clean, logical and labelled correctly
• maintain code quality and automate wherever possible
• work multi-functionally with partners across the business, taking briefs for system builds and understanding the needs of the business
• manage relationships with different colleagues, keeping them up to date with the progress of new builds and developments
• monitor system performance to make sure systems are working effectively
This role would suit people who have
• a real passion for system development, and improving user experience
• excellent communication skills with the ability to connect with colleagues at all levels
• strong knowledge of modern web applications
• C# skills and .net experience, including ASP.NET MVC
• previously used MS SQL
• previous experience of writing unit tests and implementing automated tests
• experience with AngularJS, IndexedDB & ServiceWorkers would be beneficial
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.