Finance Manager – Franchise
Up to £55,000 plus benefits (Grade D18)
Manchester city centre
We’re looking for a finance manager to join us, and support the development of our franchise finance processes. We’re developing our Co-op and expanding our reach, collaborating with third parties and franchisees so that we can serve even more customers and members across the UK. If you can bring us the accountancy expertise and natural people skills that we’re looking for, then we can offer you the chance to define your profile and gain incredible exposure across a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
In this role, we’ll look to you to partner with all kind of internal and external people, providing advice and guidance from a finance perspective. You’ll need to use your commercial acumen to identify issues and spot opportunities for improvement. We’ve got ambitious growth plans, and now is an exciting time to join us and become part of our journey.
What you’ll do
• create and own financial business cases for all franchises
• manage financial planning, including budgeting and forecasting
• work closely with the commercial and operational support teams, providing financial advice and guidance
• work on high profile projects including Co-op’s Retail Business Transformation (RBT)
• developing new processes and procedures to support our Franchisees
• collaborate with partners both internally and externally, building strong working relationships
• carry out post implementation reviews; present findings and flag financial business risks to senior leaders
• effectively communicate key messages to colleagues in the business
This role would suit people who have
• relevant experience and an accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACCA)
• an FP&A background
• a background in retail would be beneficial but isn’t essential
• the ability to collaborate and build relationships with key partners both internally and externally
• strong analytical skills
• the confidence to influence others and challenge when necessary
• the ability to work autonomously and manage conflicting priorities
• experience of working in a dynamic, ever-changing environment like ours
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
● competitive salary
● coaching, training and support to help you develop
● pension with up to 10% employer contributions
● annual incentive scheme
● 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
● discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.