Finance Business Partner
£57,500 - £62,500 salary plus benefits (Grade D19)
9 month fixed term contract
Manchester City Centre
We’re looking for an experienced finance business partner to help us embed new processes, ways of working and new systems. You’ll be the expert who’ll collaborate with our senior partners in finance to provide meaningful insight and analysis. If you can bring us the appetite to drive change we can offer you the chance to make a real impact in a business that puts people right at the heart of its strategy
As a finance business partner, you’ll be a key member in our central costs and financial planning and analysis (FP&A) team, responsible for partnering with the business to produce period accounts, forecasts and budgets, and help driving strategic decision-making. You’ll also use your analytical ability to spot opportunities to drive cost improvements across the business. It’s a big job. But an even bigger opportunity for you to create a lasting impact on the way we do business.
What you’ll do
● partner our finance and IT functions, providing insight and analysis to key senior partners
● manage period reporting for specific cost centres
● produce forecasts, budgets and plans
● seek out and drive continuous improvement in our processes, systems and cost control
● build relationships and work collaboratively with partners across the business
This role would suit people who have
● a finance qualification, either CIMA, ACCA or ACA
● a solid experience business partnering a finance function within a large organization
● strong communication and influential skills, with the ability to forge meaningful relationships with key senior partners
● excellent analytical skills and complex forecasting and budgeting experience
● the ability to work in a complex business environment with multiple conflicting priorities
● ideally worked with IT budgets and finances, but this is not essential
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
● competitive salary
● coaching, training and support to help you develop
● pension with up to 10% employer contributions
● annual incentive scheme
● 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
● discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.