£17,000 - £19,000 plus benefits (Grade G11)
Manchester city centre
We’re looking for enthusiastic finance administrator to join the Co-op Funeralcare and Life Planning’s finance team, in a dynamic role where no two days will be the same. You’ll work as part of a supportive and encouraging team, learning lots of new skills and gaining great exposure to the business. If you can bring us finance administration experience along with fantastic customer service skills, we can offer you the chance to build your profile in a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As a finance administrator, you’ll be focused on administering financial transactions surrounding at need funeral invoices, servicing each transaction throughout its lifetime. You’ll follow a cyclical process working collaboratively with other teams across the business, always putting the customer at the forefront of everything you do. It will be a fast-paced role, and you’ll be managing your own workload making sure that all tasks are completed on time.
What you’ll do
• make sure that financial data is accurately entered into the computer system
• process refunds, credits, and back-end invoicing amendments on a day-to-day basis
• get involved with a variety of different projects, such as systems testing
• work collaboratively with colleagues from our funeralcare branches, and across the wider business
This role will suit people who have
• experience of working in finance administration, processing high volumes of requests in a busy environment
• the ability to use finance systems
• good Microsoft Excel skills including the use of VLOOKUPS and pivot tables
• great attention to detail, with the ability to work quickly and accurately
• good communication skills with confidence to engage with people at different levels of the business
• a solution-driven mind-set and a natural ability to spot opportunities to improve existing processes and ways of working
• an appreciation and understanding for the empathy and discretion required in the funeralcare industry
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.