Family Law Solicitor
£32,000-£48,000 dependant on experience plus excellent benefits (Work Level 6B & 6A)
Manchester City Centre or Bristol – hybrid working between home and the office
Due to continued growth of our Family law team, we’re looking for solicitors to join us at Co-op Legal Services across a variety of levels, from newly qualified upwards.
At Co-op Legal Services we do things differently, we’re passionate about providing an exceptional client experience and our Family department has a 4.8/5 trust pilot rating owing to just that. In this role, you’ll manage a variety of new and existing family caseloads end to end with a client focused approach to targets. We’ll look to you to use your expertise to provide the best outcomes for your clients and work collaboratively with your team. You won’t need to bring a following of clients with you as we will source these for you. As a fast-growing business, we’re committed to supporting your development and providing you with the opportunity to shape our future.
What you’ll do
• take ownership of a mixed caseload of family matters, undertaking active negotiation to get the best results for your clients, administrative and secretarial support will also be provided
• use our case management system to make sure information is recorded accurately
• meet individual and team chargeable time & profit cost targets
• draft and audit legal documents and correspondence
This role would suit people who have
• qualified as solicitor / CILEX qualified in English and Welsh law, with experience in handling privately funded family law matters
• proven experience of working towards and meeting chargeable and billing targets
• good general IT skills including use of a case management system
• great relationship-building skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with all types of people and provide excellent customer service
• a high level of attention to detail and great organisational skills
• resilience with the ability to embrace change
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training, and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• free support for your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. We want to build inclusive work environments, where our colleagues have equal opportunities to reach their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
If you have a disability, we can make reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process according to your needs. We're also part of the Disability Confident scheme, meaning we'll always offer an interview to disabled candidates who apply through the scheme if they meet the minimum criteria for a job.
We'll ask whether you’d like to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme when you apply.
If we invite you to take part in the recruitment process for any of our jobs, we’ll ask you if you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to participate.
You can find out more about our recruitment process at jobs.coop.co.uk/apply-process.
You can find out more about the Disability Confident scheme and all our commitments to diversity and inclusion at colleagues.coop.co.uk/diversity-inclusion-and-wellbeing.
If you’re successful in your application, we’ll perform some background checks as part of our pre-employment screening process. These will include an SRA check, credit checks, and a DBS (disclosure and barring service) check. Please note Co-op does not offer visa sponsorship for this role.