Design & Performance Manager - Engineering
£44,000 - £52,600 plus benefits (Grade E16)
Manchester city centre
We’re looking for an engineering design and performance manager to provide technical guidance to our diverse property portfolio. You’ll advise on maintenance and design standards, technical specifications and compliance obligations across the fixed asset base. If you can bring us the technical expertise we need, we can offer you the chance to develop your career with a business that always puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As an engineering design and performance manager, you’ll be the subject matter expert (SME) in water hygiene with a solid understanding of engineering systems, you’ll provide technical leadership across the organization and you’ll drive innovation into our estate. It’s a big job, as we have a complex and diverse estate (4000+ occupancies), but it’s a challenge in which you can make a huge impact.
What you’ll do
• provide technical input into the property working groups, with a key focus in water hygiene and mechanical systems
• respond to technical audit actions arising from property risk framework
• provide technical sign off to all property investment work streams, including planned and unplanned asset replacement
• address legacy issues by supporting capital delivery investments within our critical buildings, such as support centres and logistics distributions centres
• work cross functionally and collaborate within property, providing meaningful insights and advice to colleagues in different teams, such as commercial, procurement or construction supply chain among others
• lead on technical investigation, innovation and continuous improvement to make sure that Co-op estates and facilities standards keep up with best practice and international and British standards
This role would suit people who have
• a degree in a relevant mechanical engineering discipline
• very detailed knowledge of legal compliance, ideally in water hygiene and associated systems although this is not essential
• solid knowledge of mechanical systems, design, specification and maintenance requirements
• great communication and engagement skills, with the ability to forge meaningful relationships with both internal and external partners
• proven background working with large and complex organisations with a diverse property portfolio
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.