Data and Insight Officer
£25,000 - £30,000 plus excellent benefits (Grade F14)
12-month fixed-term contract
Manchester city centre or can be based remotely
We’re looking for a colleague data and insight officer to join us and help us research and use our colleagues’ voice to identify ways to improve the way we do business in our food stores. Co-op is changing. We’re developing a new data centre of excellence, bringing together data engineering, data science, analytics, insight and research, data governance and business intelligence. If you’ve got expert communication skills and a real passion for driving improvements, then we can offer you the opportunity to define your profile, and to make a real difference for our colleagues, members and customers.
In this role, we’ll look to you to make sure that suggestions and comments from colleagues in our food stores are listened to, responded to and implemented across the business. It’ll be up to you to carry out research amongst our colleagues and analyse the data to draw relevant and measurable insight. You’ll be working with a wide range of colleagues and partners, gaining great exposure and building positive relationships as you go.
What you’ll do
• attend several colleague insight sessions each month (this could be instore, or via conference and phone calls) to gain an in-depth understanding of issues that colleagues are concerned about (in person store visits will continue when it’s safe to do so but are being carried out virtually at the minute)
• carry out research, using both quantitative and qualitative techniques
• collate and analyse colleague data to draw out key insights, feeding this back into the business
• prioritise and respond appropriately to colleague feedback
• support partners across the business who are responsible for implementing changes, translating data into clear communications that’ll help them to make the right decisions
• provide reports for senior colleagues to influence and track the delivery of valuable changes
• get involved in a range of ad-hoc and project work as required
• support in the management of the colleague insight portal team’s shared email inbox and Yammer channel, helping to raise the team’s profile
This role would suit people who have
• a passion for continuous improvement and getting things right for colleagues
• experience of using quantitative and qualitative research to collate relevant data
• an ability to manipulate and analyse data
• good general IT skills with the ability to confidently use Microsoft Excel to analyse and manipulate data, and PowerPoint to create presentations
• great team-working skills; you enjoy collaborating with others
• a willingness to travel when the role requires
• excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to build relationships with a wide range of audiences across the business
• good presentation skills, with the ability to translate data into a compelling story and actionable insight
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.