Corporate Tax Senior
£35,000-£45,000 plus benefits (Grade E15)
Manchester city centre
We’re looking for a corporate tax senior to join our corporate tax team, they’re responsible for helping make sure we meet all of our group’s corporation tax reporting and compliance requirements.
As a corporate tax senior you’ll work in an important role, key to the management of all of our corporate tax processes whilst being encouraged to identify opportunities to make our processes more efficient. If you can bring the right behavioural and technical skills we are looking for, we can offer you the opportunity to build a career with a business that always puts people at the heart of its strategy.
What you’ll do:
• make sure we continue to meet all of our corporation tax reporting and compliance requirements
• work with wider finance teams to allow efficient processing of relevant tax data
• provide monthly and quarterly corporation tax reconciliations
• help to lead, guide and develop 2 tax assistants
• build relationships and work collaboratively with a variety of partners across the business
• identify opportunities to improve existing and implement new processes to secure sustainable transformation and efficiencies
This role would suit people who have
• a CTA qualification and at least 1 years post qualified experience
• experience working in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
• excellent communication and relationship building skills, able to challenge and influence a variety of people across all levels of the business
• a passion for continuous improvement
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.