£30,000 - £35,000 (Grade E15)
Manchester city centre
Co-op Funeralcare and Life Planning have a forward-thinking vision and we’re transforming the way we work. And the finance team play a pivotal part in enabling the success of our business. Right now we’re looking for a driven commercial analyst to join the FP&A team and play a key role in driving the commercial performance of our business, meaning our colleagues can spend more time with members and customers.
As a commercial analyst you’ll work in a broad and varied role where you’ll gain significant experience in a dynamic environment that’s going through lots of exciting change. You’ll be focused on providing key financial support and analysis alongside the FP&A manager, driving positive financial performance whilst identifying any areas to improve efficiency. If you can bring us the skills we need, we can offer you the chance to create a career with a business which puts people at the heart of its strategy.
What you’ll do:
• develop new reports and improve the quality of existing reports, providing insightful management information to allow decision-making
• build and shape the 3 and 5 year plans by; analysing the P&L, CAPEX, sales data and the cash implications of transformational change
• provide detailed financial analysis to identify risks and opportunities in the business plan
• build strong relationships with key business partners and make recommendations
• produce quarterly financial forecasts and present findings to the business
To be successful as a commercial analyst with us you’ll need you to have excellent communication skills as you’ll be working with both finance and non-finance colleagues across the business. You’ll be analytically minded, have experience working in a fast-paced role and have a real passion for motivating change.
We’d love to speak to you if:
• you’re qualified / part qualified in a recognised financial qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent)
• you’ve got excellent communication skills
• you’ve got excellent financial modelling skills
• you’re an advanced user of excel
• you’ve got previous experience in an analyst role, ideally in a commercial setting
• you’ve worked in a large complex business, although this isn’t essential
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.