Circa £30,000 plus benefits
Manchester city centre
We’re recruiting for a BI developer to join us and help build dynamic business intelligence reports and dashboards to support a variety of colleagues across our food business.
Every single day is different in this role, we’ll look to you to understand and interpret reporting requirements from support centre, field and store colleagues. It’ll be up to you to work on each requirement through to completion making sure you deliver what the business has requested.
What you’ll do
• use Micro Strategy to work on multiple BI projects and requirements
• work with colleagues to take BI requirements, understanding what data it needs to provide and which areas it reports on
• present back to the business the proposed solution to make sure it delivers what has been requested
• design, develop, test, and optimise solutions, with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility and standardization
• work with the BI team and key retail partners to continually improve insight
• support existing solutions running in production
This role would suit people who have
• an attitude to continuous improvement and learning
• experience using Micro Strategy, ideally versions 10.11 and above
• a good understanding of SQL
• experience of building management reports, suites and dashboards across web and mobile platforms
• the ability to work with large volumes of data
• an analytical mind set with a passion for problem solving
• excellent communication skills including the ability to identify, create and communicate data driven insights
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/people policies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.