Asbestos Compliance Coordinator
£25,000 - £27,500 plus benefits (Grade F14)
Manchester city centre
We’re looking for an asbestos compliance coordinator to join our compliance team and help us make sure that our Co-op is fully compliant with asbestos regulations. You’ll support the delivery of asbestos compliance management in our food, funeralcare, logistics and corporate estate areas. You’ll be pivotal in making sure that we’re optimising our relationship with the preferred asbestos consultants, and in turn maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for colleagues across the whole of the business.
As an asbestos compliance coordinator, you’ll act as the bridge between Co-op and the asbestos consultants that we partner with. It’ll be up to you to make sure that surveys, analytical monitoring and remedial works are being undertaken across the estate in a compliant way, and that consultants are delivering against key business objectives. If you have strong knowledge of compliance management in the asbestos arena, along with natural people skills, then we can offer you the opportunity to build your career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
What you’ll do
- manage relationships with key suppliers, making sure that key service levels agreements are being met
- have involvement in regular asbestos working groups, providing valuable insight and sharing knowledge to colleagues
- manage and support compliance in a dedicated part of our estate
- coordinate and manage asbestos consultant activity and performance
- deal effectively and efficiently with unforeseen circumstances when they arise
- have involvement in ad-hoc project work
- collaborate with a wide range of internal colleagues and external partners, building up meaningful relationships
- monitor supply chain performance and programme delivery, spotting opportunities to improve processes and drive efficiencies
- have the opportunity to work with highly experienced colleagues and to enhance your personal and professional skills
This role would suit people who have
- experience of working within an asbestos consultancy or asbestos compliance role
- a good understanding of the food retail industry
- in-depth knowledge of asbestos compliance management, and familiarity with a compliance management system (such as Verisae or Compliance 365)
- a BOHS P405 qualification, or a desire to work towards this
- outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
- the ability to engage with and influence people at different levels of the business and build strong relationships cross-functionally
- expert communication skills, with the confidence to manage difficult conversations when agreements aren’t being met
- strong Microsoft Excel skills including the ability to use Pivot table and VLOOKUPS
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- competitive salary
- coaching, training and support to help you develop
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- annual incentive scheme
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
- discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.