Agile Business Analyst
£30,000-£43,000 based on experience, plus benefits (Grade E)
Manchester city centre
We’re looking for agile business analysts to join us and provide teams across Co-op Digital with the information they’ll need to realise their visions when creating new and exciting products. It’s an exciting time at Co-op Digital. We’re using digital technology to create better ways of doing business for our members, customers and communities. If you can bring us the inquisitive nature and excellent people skills that we need, we can offer you the chance to learn new skills and build a career with a business that’s using digital to make a real difference.
As an agile business analyst, you’ll break information down into compelling stories that our designers and developers can use to build products that really work for our users. You’ll work multi-functionally with developers, designers and teams across the Co-op, facilitating workshops to draw out the detail that the team can use to perfect their products. We’ll look to you to combine design, technology, research and data with the needs of our users, to develop an understanding of how we can create products that are user-friendly, feasible to build and can add real value to our businesses.
What you’ll do
• analyse user needs and business objectives, then break them down into clear and concise pieces of work for your colleagues to act on
• collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across the business to understand and document problems and opportunities that your product could solve
• create artefacts to help teams, partners and third parties to understand systems, customer journeys and processes
• generate insights from both data and research on how users are interacting with our products, identifying new opportunities and tracking the impact of change
• keep technical documents up to date and relevant, and accurately log user journeys
This role would suit people who have
• proven experience of successfully delivering change (agile experience would be desirable but is not essential)
• a hardworking and enthusiastic approach to work, with a customer focused mind-set
• a keen eye for detail and a knack for simplifying and explaining complicated concepts
• the ability to collaborate with people across different areas and levels of the business, appreciating different opinions but valuing data and research most of all
• the confidence to challenge and take a risk to discover a better way of doing things
• a willingness to work with new and unfamiliar disciplines, creating opportunities out of the unknown
• a keenness to learn and develop new skills
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.