£21,380 - £23,388 plus benefits (including London allowance)
Earlsfield, London with regular travel around the local area
We’re looking for a funeral arranger to join the Co-op Funeralcare and Life Planning team, spending time across a number of funeral homes within Earlsfield. As market leaders we have a reputation for providing a caring, compassionate service when families need it most. In this role you’ll be right at the heart of that service.
As a mobile funeral arranger you’ll be at the heart of this service, focussed on building relationships with clients, colleagues and communities across your area. You’ll support the funeral directors as and when you can, but your main focus will be on services such as remembrance and bereavement groups. And of course you’ll there for clients when they need any help, support or advice.
What you’ll do
• understand client needs providing expert guidance and advising on the best services to meet their needs
• be a supportive figure for clients and their families, answering any queries they have and making sure relevant colleagues are made aware of clients’ needs
• book appointments with the funeral director for the arrangement of funerals, taking details from clients and providing a thorough handover to the funeral director
• support the funeral director and wider team with funeral schedules and liaison with third parties
• build strong relationships within the community as the point of contact for local community groups, playing an active part in making a difference for local causes
This role would suit people who have
• customer focus with the passion to understand and deliver against client needs
• the commitment to work as a team and support colleagues in a fast moving and rapidly changing environment
• the ability to build strong relationships and a network in the local community
• high levels of empathy, discretion and care
• an appreciation that there’s only one chance to deliver the perfect final tribute
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• attention to detail and the ability to act promptly in a measured and considered way
• the flexibility to travel on a regular basis, spending your time across a number of funeral homes in your area
• a full UK manual driving license and access to a car
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• a competitive salary
• 23 days holiday (rising with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies
Once you’ve completed your application we’ll email you inviting you to take part in an online assessment. You’ll need to complete the assessment within 3 days of applying – it should only take around 12 minutes. The assessment is designed to help us (and you) understand how closely your personal values and motivations match our own. Once you’ve completed the assessment you’ll receive a report outlining your results, and we’ll get in touch to let you know the outcome no later than 3 working days following the closing date for this role.