Mobile Funeral Arranger - Cardiff area.
£9.44 - £10.50 per hour plus benefits
20 hours per week
We’re looking for a funeral arranger to join the Co-op Funeralcare and Life Planning team, spending time across a number of funeral homes within the Cardiff area. As market leaders we have a reputation for providing a caring, compassionate service when families need it most. In this role you’ll be right at the heart of that service. And in return we can offer you competitive holidays, a pension with up to 10% contribution and access to benefits including discounts and wellbeing support.
As a mobile funeral arranger you’ll be at the heart of this service, focussed on building relationships with clients, colleagues and communities across your area. You’ll support the funeral directors as and when you can, but your main focus will be on services such as remembrance and bereavement groups. And of course you’ll there for clients when they need any help, support or advice.
What you’ll do:
• understand client needs providing expert guidance and advising on the best services to meet their needs
• be a supportive figure for clients and their families, answering any queries they have and making sure relevant colleagues are made aware of clients’ needs
• book appointments with the funeral director for the arrangement of funerals, taking details from clients and providing a thorough handover to the funeral director
• support the funeral director and wider team with funeral schedules and liaison with third parties
• build strong relationships within the community as the point of contact for local community groups, playing an active part in making a difference for local causes
This role would suit people who have:
• customer focus with the passion to understand and deliver against client needs
• the commitment to work as a team and support colleagues in a fast moving and rapidly changing environment
• the ability to build strong relationships and a network in the local community
• high levels of empathy, discretion and care
• an appreciation that there’s only one chance to deliver the perfect final tribute
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• attention to detail and the ability to act promptly in a measured and considered way
• the flexibility to travel on a regular basis, spending your time across a number of funeral homes in your area
• a full UK manual driving license and access to a car
As a Funeralcare colleague, you’ll get a fantastic benefits package including;
• 23 days holidays (pro rata, rising with service)
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• access to wellbeing support and other benefits
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• exclusive discounts and offers on hundreds of products and services from a huge range of retailers
You’ll also get the opportunity to develop your skills by taking on an apprenticeship as part of your role. Click on the content links below to find out more information about our apprenticeships and what it could mean for you.
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.