Driver - Part time
£10.42 per hour plus benefits (including London allowance)
20 hours per week
We’re looking for drivers to join our team at Co-op Funeralcare and Life Planning. We don’t expect you to have any particular experience, just a full UK driver’s licence and the right passion to join a business which puts people at the heart of its strategy.
What Co-op can offer you:
• 23 days holidays (pro rata, rising with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• access to wellbeing support and other benefits
• exclusive discounts and offers on hundreds of products and services from a huge range of retailers
What you’ll do:
• drive a limo or hearse on the day of the funeral
• make sure you follow planned routes and timescales
• provide a professional and empathetic chauffer service
• maintain vehicles; washing before and after each funeral so they’re kept to the highest standards
• carry the coffin on funeral ceremonies and respectfully deal with floral and other tributes
This role would suit people who have:
• a UK manual driving licence (for at least 2 years if you’re based in Northern Ireland)
• a professional and caring approach
• the ability to take and follow instructions to the letter
• a calm approach in changing situations
• pride in their appearance
• the ability to lift and no health reasons stopping you doing so
• an understanding that each and every funeral is unique
As well as a competitive holiday package and other retail and wellbeing benefits, as a Co-op Funeralcare colleague, you’ll get the opportunity to develop your skills and gain qualifications by taking on an apprenticeship as part of your role. Click on the content links below to find out more information about our apprenticeships and what it could mean for you.
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.