Senior Category Manager- Marketing
£60,000 - £70,000 plus benefits (Grade D19)
Manchester city centre
We’re looking for a senior category manager to join our dynamic procurement function and drive the procurement strategy across our marketing category. If you can bring us the skills we need you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact, making sure we’re getting the best value for money and reinvesting savings into our communities, making them great places to live.
As a senior category manager, you’ll act as the subject matter expert for your category, sharing your expertise to support decision making, it’s a big job. Our growing procurement team has a £1.3 billion annual spend. But an even bigger opportunity to grow your profile in this important area of the business.
What you’ll do
• allocate resources and tasks to make sure projects are delivered against business plans
• build relationships and work collaboratively with senior partners up to director level
• provide professional advice, support and guidance to senior managers
• use MI and technical knowledge to propose developments and improvements to policies
• champion policies and procedures
• support the head of category to lead, guide and develop the category team
• manage the relationship with major suppliers through supplier relationship management
This role would suit people who have
• experience leading and developing a team, this would be an advantage but not essential
• a strong track record of value delivery in a management role
• experience managing large scale negotiations
• good relationship building and engagement skills able to challenge and influence senior partners across the business
• experience developing and driving category strategies
• marketing category knowledge would be an advantage but not essential
• CIPS qualification or working towards, this would be an advantage but not essential
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.