Reconciliations Team Manager
£30,000 - £35,000 (Grade F14) plus excellent benefits
Manchester city centre
We’re looking for a team manager to join our treasury back office team within our Co-op Business Services (CBS) function. You’ll be leading a team of reconciliation and control advisors and guiding the delivery of our back office treasury services, providing crucial financial assistance for our colleagues across the business.
As a team manager, you’ll be overseeing colleagues that look after reconciliations for our bank accounts across the different business areas including food, funeralcare and corporate. You’ll look after all people issues, and make sure that workload is distributed evenly among the team and completed accurately and on time. If you can bring us the leadership skills and technical ability that we’re after, we can offer you the opportunity to build your career in a business that always puts people at the heart of its strategy.
What you’ll do
• look after reconciliation and control advisors, acting as a point of contact for any issues and people management in the team
• maintain bank accounts and oversee cash and bank reconciliation and control, cash collection, cash allocation and any ad hoc payments or cash pooling processing
• oversee the daily workflow for the team, making sure deadlines and targets are achieved, assist in producing process documents and support with training other members of the team
• support continuous improvement initiatives, projects and programmes of change
• make sure any issues are resolved and escalated quickly and accurately
• manage any complex queries and be recognised as an expert in your field
This role would suit people who have
• an AAT qualification (or similar) or currently working towards one
• previous accounting experience, with knowledge of banking processes including balance sheet reconciliations
• experience working in a fast-paced environment with a high volume workflow
• previous line management experience with the ability to motivate colleagues in the team and deal with any issues
• good analytical skills and experience with Microsoft Excel
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/people policies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.