Principal SAP Solution Architect
£70,000 - £90,000 plus benefits (Grade D19)
Manchester city centre, we’re currently working remotely with a mix of home and office-based work set to be the future
We’re looking for principal SAP architects to join us at Co-op, as a part of our enterprise platforms team within our technology function, set up to support all our Co-op businesses. Its an exciting opportunity with us, where you’ll get a chance to work across Co-op on one of our core strategic investments for the future. If you can bring us the SAP technical knowledge, and leadership we’re after, we can offer you the chance to add value at Co-op in what is an integral role.
As an SAP architect, with us, you’ll have a varied and pacey role. As an expert in SAP design we’ll look to you to; lead on our roadmap definition, exploit value, drive strategic development and help manage design delivery, all related to SAP. It’s a job which will see you, excitingly, working with the whole Co-op group, whether that be; our logistics operation, across franchise or within retail.
What you’ll do
• lead the design direction for the Co-op, as part of the SAP platforms team, providing expertise and guidance into the optimisation centre for excellence
• act as a design lead on project and programme work, ensuring design and delivery is done in an optimal way
• lead the integrated design of SAP solutions
• make sure we’re adopting the best ways of working and solutions available to, which are fit for the future
• collaborate and form relationships with other teams within technology, understanding business requirements
• keep up to date, and provide insight to the business, on innovation and updates within SAP platforms with a solution focus (involving collaboration with them as a strategic partner)
• mentor and develop colleagues within the team, building capability
This role will suit someone who has
• significant SAP lead design experience and a strong passion to build in house, best practice capability and teams
• worked on large scale, transformation projects with SAP, including complex integrations, ideally with legacy landscapes as well as full end to end SAP environment
• extensive knowledge of architecture design within SAP Retail and/or SAP Finance domains
• SAP expertise in modules of SAP Retail including; PMR, Master Data, CAR and FnR (you do not need expertise in all of these)
• previously managed design/ solution teams as part of programme delivery and standard working
• good relationship building and communication skills and the ability to influence a variety of people across the business
• an inspiring leadership approach and mentoring capability
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.