Up to £55,000 (Grade D17) plus excellent benefits including:
28 days holiday / flexible working / annual incentive scheme
Manchester city centre
We’re looking for DevOps engineers to join our team at Co-op Digital and provide automation, tooling and cloud infrastructure to our entire digital group. You'll be working alongside developers, product owners, delivery managers, analysts, researchers and designers in one of our small, product teams. All teams are autonomous and run their own delivery and deployments, and you'll provide support as the expert in infrastructure.
Our infrastructure is a healthy mix of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS, deployable for both AWS and Azure platforms. We make the most of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) technologies like Terraform, Packer, Puppet, Jenkins and git for version control.
If you can bring us the Public Cloud Platform experience and technical knowledge that we need, we can offer you the chance to learn new skills and build a career with a business that’s using digital to make a real difference.
What you’ll do
• develop and maintain scalable, resilient cloud-based infrastructure using an Infrastructure as Code (IaC) approach
• taking initiative, spotting opportunities and driving positive change within the system
• driving standards across the wider Co-op Digital team
• work with delivery teams to create and maintain continuous deployment practices
• contribute to platform architecture and design
• work within and support a DevOps culture
• provide 24/7 on call technical support (as part of a sensible rota)
• mentoring other engineers within the team
This role would suit people who have
• a familiarity with Unix/Linux operating systems and tooling
• a desire to work using agile methodologies in a DevOps culture
• an understanding of the full web technology stack (network, TCP/IP, DNS, routing, HTTP/S)
• the ability to adapt and learn new technologies
• great communication skills with the ability, and desire, to collaborate with all kinds of people
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.