Ceremonial Driver - Part Time
15 hours per week (this could be flexible based on your requirements)
We’re looking for part time drivers to join the team at Co-op Funeralcare and Life Planning. You’ll have an important role to play in delivering the very best service for our clients, supporting people in your community when they need it the most. We don’t expect you to have any particular experience, just the right passion to join a business which puts people right at the heart of its strategy. And of course we’ll need you to have a full UK manual driving license.
As a part time ceremonial driver with us you’ll drive a limo or hearse on the day of the funeral, and possibly help to bear the coffin of a client’s loved one. But this job’s about more than just driving. You’ll have to think and plan ahead, read situations and respond appropriately- using all your skills to make the day as easy as possible for our clients.
What you’ll do
• drive our ceremonial vehicles at the time of the funeral following planned routes and time scales
• provide a professional and empathetic chauffer service to those travelling in your vehicle, taking into consideration their requirements throughout the journey
• maintain the vehicles- washing them before and after each funeral so they’re kept to the highest standards
• act as a coffin bearer on funeral ceremonies and respectfully deal with floral and other tributes
• check everything is as perfect as it can be before each ceremony for the deceased and their families
This role would suit people who have
• a UK manual driving licence (for at least 2 years if you’re based in Northern Ireland)
• a professional and caring approach
• the ability to take instructions and follow them to the letter
• a calm approach in changing situations
• pride in their appearance
• the ability to lift and no health reasons stopping you doing so
• an understanding that each and every funeral is unique
• the desire for a job working on a part time basis
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• a competitive salary
• 23 days holiday (rising with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies.