Night Ambulance Crew - Full time
£14.38 per hour (including shift premium) plus benefits
Eastbourne, East Sussex
38.5 hours per week (Working from 8pm to 8am 4 days on 4 days off)
You’ll need a full manual UK driver’s licence for this job
You can apply for this job on your mobile in a few simple steps – no CV needed.
We’re looking for people to join the Co-op Funeralcare team as night ambulance crew. You don’t need experience to do this job, just a genuine desire to help people at the time they need it most. To help you learn the skills you need to help support families in our care, we’ll support you with training along the way. We’ll also offer you a competitive salary, an excellent pension, and discounts on a range of Co-op products and services.
As a part of a specialist night ambulance service, you’ll carry out the collection and transportation of the deceased coming into our care during night hours. This allows us to have a 24-7 operation, supporting our clients whatever time they need us. You’ll be working on a regular shift pattern, with shifts starting at 8pm and ending at 8am.
What you’ll do:
• collect the deceased during the night from a range of locations and scenarios, in a professional, empathetic and dignified manner
• carry out support activities whilst at the funeral home, including the care and preparation of the deceased
• work closely with the wider team to make sure there’s a clear hand-over for daytime colleagues
• update and maintain records, on both written and digital platforms, in line with processes and regulation
• report into the care logistics manager, carrying out any requests as instructed
This role would suit people who have:
• the flexibility to work only night shifts
• a full UK manual driving licence
• the ability to act promptly but in a measured and considered way
• the ability take instructions and follow them to the letter, with a high attention to detail
• a calm approach in sometimes distressing situations and the ability to think on your feet
• no problems manually lifting and no specific health reasons to stop you doing so
As a Funeralcare colleague, you’ll get a fantastic benefits package including:
• the opportunity to develop your skills by taking on an apprenticeship (only for candidates without previous experience within the funeral industry)
• 23 days holidays (pro rata, rising with service)
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• access to wellbeing support and other benefits
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• exclusive discounts and offers from a huge range of retailers
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. But just having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can give their best and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and we know it’s important our teams represent the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
If you’re successful in your application, we’ll perform some background checks as part of our pre-employment screening process. These will include a DBS (disclosure and barring service) and adverse media checks, and an occupational health questionnaire (to ensure you are fit to perform the role). We’ll also check your social media activity on platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Any offer of employment made will be conditional upon the completion of pre-employment screening checks.