Funeral Director - Full time
£31,373.16 per annum plus benefits
45.5 hours per week, Full time, Permanent
We’re looking for an empathetic and commercially minded individual to join our team, and help support our colleagues to continually deliver the best possible service to each and every one of our clients. You don’t need previous industry experience to do this role – if you can bring amazing relationship skills combined with the commercial focus we’re after, we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference.
As market leaders, we’ve a reputation for providing a caring and compassionate service when families need it most. In this role you’ll be right at the heart of that service. It’ll be down to you to balance your time between day to day managerial and business tasks, as well as supporting families and building strong and trusting relationships with clients; making sure you’re on hand to support them as and when they need it.
What you’ll do:
• lead and work closely with the team to ensure client needs, service levels and KPIs are met
• be our client’s main point of contact; supporting and guiding with the help of the wider team
• help clients to understand and choose the best products to meet their individual needs and budget
• lead the funeral service crew and driver colleagues on the funeral ceremony, making sure all necessary information is handed over to and understood by the care logistics team
• assist on the funeral; conducting the ceremony and carrying the deceased when necessary
This role would suit people who have:
• a commercial mindset and experience in a managerial role
• a true customer focus and a real passion for delivering a great service
• the ability to capture intricate detail and make sure it is reflected in the service we deliver
• a warm, personal and professional approach
• compassion, understanding and empathy, and the ability to keep a cool head under pressure
• a UK manual driving licence
As a Funeralcare colleague, you’ll get a fantastic benefits package including:
• the opportunity to develop your skills by taking on an apprenticeship (only for candidates without previous experience within the funeral industry)
• 23 days holidays (pro rata, rising with service)
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• access to wellbeing support and other benefits
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• exclusive discounts and offers from a huge range of retailers
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. But just having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can give their best and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and we know it’s important our teams represent the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
If you’re successful in your application, we’ll perform some background checks as part of our pre-employment screening process. These will include checks of your social media accounts and activity on platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.