£10.35 per hour plus benefits
15 hours per week with additional on call rota basis working evenings, weekends and nights
*you’ll need a full manual UK driver’s licence for this role*
Apply for this role from your mobile in a few simple steps - no CV or previous experience needed!
We’re looking for caring people to join the Co-op Funeralcare team. You don’t need experience to do this job, just a genuine desire to help people at the time they need it most. To help you learn the skills you need to deliver a first class funeral service, we’ll support you with training from the get-go. We’ll also offer you a competitive salary, an excellent pension, and discounts on a range of Co-op products and services.
As funeral service crew you’ll spend time supporting both the funeral itself and the care of the deceased. Working as part of a close-knit team, you’ll help to ensure we provide a seamless, sensitive service to our clients. We welcome applications from people who are new to the industry, and those with funeral experience.
What you’ll do:
• collect the deceased from a range of locations and scenarios in a professional, empathetic and dignified manner
• form part of the funeral service – bearing coffins and driving funeral vehicles in a considerate and professional manner
• prepare coffins and engrave name plates according to clients’ needs
• prepare the deceased in our care for both viewings and the funeral
• maintain the cleanliness of equipment and facilities, including our ceremonial vehicles
This role would suit people who have:
• a genuine desire to help people at a difficult time in their lives
• a professional and caring approach to client/customer service
• the ability take instructions and follow them to the letter, with high attention to detail
• the ability to react calmly and compassionately in emotional circumstances
• an open mind when it comes to working around and coming into contact with the deceased, both prepared and unprepared
• the ability to perform the physical aspects of the role (manual lifting)
• a background in care, hospitality, or any other industry with transferrable skills
• a full UK manual driving licence
As a Funeralcare colleague, you’ll get a fantastic benefits package including:
• the opportunity to develop your skills by taking on an apprenticeship (only for candidates without previous experience within the funeral industry)
• 23 days holidays (pro rata, rising with service)
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• access to wellbeing support and other benefits
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• exclusive discounts and offers from a huge range of retailers
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
If you’re successful in your application, we’ll perform some background checks as part of our pre-employment screening process. These will include checks of your social media accounts and activity on platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
From 11th November 2021, it will be a legal requirement for any Funeralcare colleagues entering a care or nursing home in England to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (unless an exemption applies). This will apply to all Funeral Service Crew, Funeral Director and Night Ambulance Crew colleagues who’s place of work is in England. Colleagues will be required to show proof of their vaccination status before they can start working with us.