Mobile Funeral Arranger - Part time
£11.31 per hour plus benefits
18.75 hours per week, Part time, Permanent
You can apply for this job on your mobile in a few simple steps – no CV needed.
*you’ll need a full UK driver’s licence and access to your own vehicle for this role*
We’re looking for caring people to join the Co-op Funeralcare team. You don’t need experience to do this job, just a genuine desire to help people at the time they need it most. To help you learn the skills you need to deliver a first class funeral service, we’ll support you with training from day one. We’ll also offer you a competitive salary, an excellent pension, and discounts on a range of Co-op products and services.
As a mobile funeral arranger you’ll be the first point of contact for clients – understanding their needs and helping them to plan the funeral. It’ll be down to you to be there for clients when they need our help, support or advice.
What you’ll do:
• travel to meet with clients and build relationships across your area; supporting with funeral planning and assisting with family visits
• provide expert guidance and advice on the best services to meet individual needs and budgets
• be prepared to work on your own; both travelling to different client meetings, and holding fort within branches where necessary
• build positive relationships in the community, being a point of contact for local community groups
• support with manual handling of coffins and the deceased
This role would suit people who have:
• a full UK driving licence, and access to a vehicle
• a passion for delivering great service and building positive relationships
• an open mind when it comes to working around and coming into contact with the deceased, both prepared and unprepared
• high levels of empathy, discretion and care
• a natural ability to really understand and deliver against clients’ needs
• the ability to work as part of a team in a fast-moving environment
• an appreciation that there’s only one chance to deliver the perfect final tribute
• excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
As a Funeralcare colleague, you’ll get a fantastic benefits package including:
• the opportunity to develop your skills by taking on an apprenticeship (only for candidates without previous experience within the funeral industry)
• 23 days holidays (pro rata, rising with service)
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• access to wellbeing support and other benefits
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• exclusive discounts and offers from a huge range of retailers
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. But just having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can give their best and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and we know it’s important our teams represent the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
If you’re successful in your application, we’ll perform some background checks as part of our pre-employment screening process. These will include checks of your social media accounts and activity on platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Any offer of employment made will be conditional upon the completion of such checks to Coop's satisfaction. Checks will include a DBS, Adverse Media check, and Occupational Health Questionnaire (to ensure you are fit to perform the role).