£17.06 to £17.87 per hour plus benefits
22.5 hours per week, Part time, Permanent
We’re looking for a passionate and caring embalmer to join our Co-op Funeralcare team. If you can bring the technical experience and customer focus we need, we can offer you a fantastic experience to develop your career with a business that puts people, care, and wellbeing at the heart of its strategy.
In this role, you’ll be part of one big team, committed to delivering outstanding service to our clients every time. In return, we can offer you a competitive salary, excellent pension, and discounts on a range of Co-op and other retailer’s products and services.
What you’ll do:
• provide an empathic and personal service to clients from all backgrounds and religions
• prepare the deceased and carry out practical physical assessments on a daily basis
• support colleagues to understand the benefits of embalming
• maintain high standards, detail and accuracy in everything you do
• play an active role within the community, building strong relationships with people and acting as a trusted and well-respected ambassador for Co-op
This role would suit someone who has:
• a proven BIE qualification (or equivalent)
• a practical can-do attitude and flexible approach
• a caring nature and emotional maturity
• the ability to think on your feet and expertly prioritise your work
• an appreciation that you only get one chance to deliver a perfect final tribute
As a Funeralcare colleague, you’ll get a fantastic benefits package including:
• the opportunity to develop your skills by taking on an apprenticeship (only for candidates without previous experience within the funeral industry)
• 23 days holidays (pro rata, rising with service)
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• access to wellbeing support and other benefits
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• exclusive discounts and offers from a huge range of retailers
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. But just having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can give their best and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and we know it’s important our teams represent the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
If you’re successful in your application, we’ll perform some background checks as part of our pre-employment screening process. These will include a DBS (disclosure and barring service) and adverse media checks, and an occupational health questionnaire (to ensure you are fit to perform the role). We’ll also check your social media activity on platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Any offer of employment made will be conditional upon the completion of pre-employment screening checks.