Business Improvement Specialist
£45,000 - £55,000 plus benefits including car
We’re looking for a talented business improvement specialist to help make our logistics operations more efficient. If you can bring the skills and experience we’re after, we can offer you the chance to make a real impact whilst progressing your career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
In this role we’ll look to you to investigate and spot opportunities for improvement in our logistics operations. You’ll work closely with our depot teams to develop solutions, and then support the implementation of those solutions across the network.
What you’ll do:
• develop a wide range of business improvement projects
• work with colleagues to analyse and investigate issues and identify the root causes
• establish whether the solution needs to be data, process, or people focused
• assess what needs to be done and prioritise what actions to take
• develop business cases to support the proposed solution
• present improvement opportunities to senior leadership team
• provide a report to project managers outlining the proposed solution
This role will suit people who have:
• an ops background in logistics or manufacturing (ideally in a large distribution centre)
• knowledge and experience of process engineering and continuous improvement
• a naturally analytical mind-set, and the ability to manipulate large sets of complex data
• Lean Six Sigma experience and accreditation (at least green belt)
• the ability to summarise complex information in a simple way
• the ability to measure processes and understand the impact of your improvements
• the flexibility and drive to work across a big, diverse logistics network
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit and you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
● competitive salary and company car
● access to private health care
● coaching, training and support to help you develop
● pension with up to 10% employer contributions
● annual incentive scheme
● great holiday allowance
● discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.