Store Development Manager
Up to £30,000 plus benefits including company car
Field-based covering Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex
Since Nisa was acquired by Co-op, we’ve focused on combining the best of both organisations to offer something new to independent retailers and commercial wholesalers across the UK. More scale and better product ranges give Nisa partners a real competitive advantage, and now we’re looking for additional store development managers to help our partners improve their stores.
In this role, you’ll work with our partners and prospective partners, giving them advice and guidance when building clear development and conversion plans for their stores. You'll collaborate with various contractors and suppliers; manage new developments and conversion projects from start to finish. This is a varied role in which you'll be working with a wide range of colleagues and partners, gaining valuable exposure to different areas of the business and building your profile as you go.
What you’ll do
• work with new and existing partners to make sure that all store conversions are in line with the latest Nisa retail guidelines and specifications
• manage multiple projects from day one through to completion, aiming to successfully deliver a minimum of two store development programmes each month
• work collaboratively with independent retailers and manage conversions/updates to the NISA brand
• work with approved Nisa shop fitters and signage contractors to achieve the best possible conversion costs
• work closely with contractors and suppliers, building strong relationships.
• collaborate with internal departments and colleagues
•make sure that the overall standards of NISA formats are maintained across all stores
This role would suit people who have
• a background in space and/or range planning is essential (ideally within a food retail environment)
• previous store development or project management experience would be beneficial
• great communication and relationship-building skills; you’re able to influence a range of key partners, challenging when necessary to get the right results
• self-motivation, resilience and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment where every day is different
• CAD skills are desirable but not essential
• the ability to use Microsoft office suite and are used to reporting documentation
The Co-op resourcing team supports Nisa recruitment as part of our ongoing partnership. Please note that although this role is being recruited by Co-op, the successful candidate will be employed by NISA.
Nisa is committed to providing a supportive working environment, and making sure you have access to great benefits, rewards and career prospects including:
• competitive salary and holidays
• health cash plan scheme
• discount on Co-op products
• company pension
• company car
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve. We can also make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.