Funeral Service Crew
£8.91 - £9.90 per hour plus benefits
16 hours per week
We’re looking for people to join the Co-op Funeralcare and Life Planning team as funeral service crew. With our commitment to meeting the individual needs of our clients, you’ll form part of one big team focussed on providing a world class funeral service. And you’ll have an important role to play in delivering that. And in return we can offer you competitive holidays, a pension with up to 10% contribution and access to benefits including discounts and wellbeing support.
As part of our funeral service crew, you’ll spend time supporting both the funeral itself and the care of the deceased. It’ll be important that you work closely as one team, so that we maintain a seamless service for our clients. You’ll report into the care logistics manager, who make sure the right people and the right resource are in place to deliver the client’s needs.
What you’ll do:
• collect the deceased from a range of locations and scenarios, which sometimes can be distressing, in a professional, empathetic and dignified manner (there will be a night ambulance crew that will cover collections during the night time)
• form part of the funeral service, working alongside the ceremonial crew, bearing coffins and driving our vehicles maintaining a dignified and professional manner
• prepare coffins and engrave name plates, taking care to do this accurately and as instructed
• prepare the deceased in our care for both viewings and the funeral, working closely alongside the funeral director and arranger
• maintain the cleanliness of equipment and facilities, including our ceremonial vehicles
This role would suit people who have:
• a full UK manual driving licence (for at least 2 years if you’re based in Northern Ireland)
• a professional and caring approach
• the ability take instructions and follow them to the letter, with high attention to detail
• a calm approach in a changing situation
• no problems manually lifting and no specific health reasons to stop you doing so
• an understanding that each and every funeral is unique
• the desire and flexibility to work on a part time basis
As a Funeralcare colleague, you’ll get a fantastic benefits package including;
• 23 days holidays (pro rata, rising with service)
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• access to wellbeing support and other benefits
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• exclusive discounts and offers on hundreds of products and services from a huge range of retailers
You’ll also get the opportunity to develop your skills by taking on an apprenticeship as part of your role. Click on the content links below to find out more information about our apprenticeships and what it could mean for you.
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.