Wills Case Manager
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
We’re looking for an ambitious wills case manager to join our Bristol based team. At Co-op Legal Services, we’re not like other legal or private law firms. We’re passionate about our customers, members and colleagues, and doing the right thing. If you can bring the level of enthusiasm and experience we need, we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to progress and develop your legal career with a business that’s all about people.
In this role, your time will be split across technically writing wills and managing incoming cases. You’ll carry out meetings with clients over the phone, progressing each case through to completion. You’ll also mentor and support a legal assistant within the team. It’s a big job, and an even greater opportunity to develop and progress with a business that’s all about people and doing the right thing.
What you’ll do
• mentor and supervise a legal assistant in the team
• document and write wills; making sure all documentation is legally accurate and professionally written
• liaise closely with clients throughout each case
• manage an incoming case load and carry out telephone appointments
• accurately maintain client records and correspondence on our systems to ensure all compliance and regulatory standards are met
This role would suit people who have:
• a law degree and existing legal and wills writing experience
• a passion for developing your own career and supporting others with theirs
• excellent attention to detail
• the ability to build rapport and customer relationships over the phone
• great communication skills, both verbally and written
• the confidence to really take responsibility and lead with cases
• a proven ability to deliver to deadlines in a busy environment
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• a competitive salary
• 25 days holiday (rising to 31 in line with service)
• an annual incentive scheme
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.