Solicitor - Family Law
£35,000 - £45,000 plus benefits including free onsite parking and 28 holiday days (Grade E16)
We’re looking for a family law solicitor to join our team. At Co-op Legal Services (CLS) we’re known for our ethical approach, innovative use of technology and our commitment to members, customers and colleagues. It’s an exciting time to join us. We’re moving from strength to strength. In 2019, our family department won the Law Society Excellence award, and we’ve got exciting plans for 2020.
In this role, you’ll form part of our family department. You’ll manage a complex caseload, dealing with anything from fixed-fee divorces to financial disputes. As we’re a nationwide firm, we also have the opportunity for you to work on a wide variety of high net worth and complex cases. If you have the knowledge and experience that we need, then we can offer you the opportunity to gain valuable exposure across a dynamic area of our legal business, and to use your expertise and family law knowledge to help your clients achieve positive outcomes at a time when they need it most.
What you’ll do:
• engage with your clients, providing valuable legal advice to your clients in person, over the phone, and via written communication
• manage a mixed caseload of family matters, undertaking active negotiation and mediation to get the best results for your clients
• make sure revenue targets are consistently met
• draft and audit legal documents and correspondence
• continually develop your legal knowledge in all areas of family law, keeping up to date with appropriate protocols and court process in order to provide technical support to colleagues and make the right decisions
This role would suit people who have:
• qualified as solicitor, with some post qualification experience
• experience in family law
• knowledge of divorce, separation, financial settlements, cohabitation and children law
• the ability to use case management systems
• great relationship building skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with all kinds of people
• excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
• a passion for providing excellent customer service
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• free access to the 5 star Aztec hotel and spa, including gym, classes, pool, and spa facilities
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.