Solicitor - Family Law
£35,000 - £45,000 plus benefits including free onsite parking (Grade E16)
We’re looking for a family law solicitor to join our team in Bristol. In this role you’ll manage a complex caseload, dealing with anything from fixed-fee divorces to financial disputes; as we’re a nationwide firm, we also have the opportunity to work on high net worth and complex children cases. We’ll look to you to use your legal expertise and family law knowledge to help your clients achieve positive outcomes.
At Co-op Legal Services we are known for our ethical approach, innovative use of technology and commitment to members, customers and colleagues. We’re a leading provider of probate, estate planning and private client services, with a portfolio of commercial partnerships with blue chip clients in the financial advisory, insurance and banking sectors.
As a Co-op business we have a rich heritage of supporting local communities. Self-development is one of our core values, and we’re committed to building an inclusive workplace where colleagues from diverse backgrounds will thrive. Careers at Co-op Legal offer you the chance to learn, grow and succeed in a business that puts people first.
What you’ll do:
● provide legal advice to clients over the phone, via written communication channels, and face to face meetings
● progress a mixed caseload of family matters, undertaking active negotiation and mediation to ensure a satisfactory conclusion for the client
● make sure revenue targets are consistently met
● draft and audit legal documents and correspondence
● continually develop your legal knowledge in all areas of family law, appropriate protocols and court process in order to provide technical support to colleagues and make informed decisions
This role would suit people who have:
● qualified as solicitor, with some post qualification experience
● experience in family law
● knowledge of divorce, separation, financial settlements, cohabitation and children law
● the ability to use case management systems
● great relationship building skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with all kinds of people
● excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
● a passion for providing a great client experience
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
● competitive salary
● coaching, training and support to help you develop
● free access to the 5 star Aztec hotel and spa, including gym, classes, pool, and spa facilities
● pension with up to 10% employer contributions
● annual incentive scheme
● 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
● discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.