Senior Family Law Solicitor
£45,000 - £60,000 plus benefits including flexible and agile (home) working (Grade D17)
We’re looking for a highly motivated senior family law solicitor to join our growing family department. At Co-op Legal Services (CLS) we’re known for our ethical approach, innovative use of technology and our commitment to all our customers and colleagues. It’s an exciting time to join us, and we’re moving from strength to strength. In 2019, our family department were awarded 'Excellence in Technology & Innovation' at the Law Society Excellence Awards; and it doesn’t stop there - we’ve got exciting plans for the future.
As a senior family law solicitor, we’ll look to you to act as an inspirational leader for a team of solicitors, as well as being hands-on and managing a varied caseload (including high net worth and complex cases). You’ll need to use your legal expertise to provide thought leadership to the team, as well as using your commercial acumen to spot opportunities to improve our customer offering. It’s a big job, but an even bigger opportunity for you to develop your career and shape the future of our business in our award-winning team.
What you’ll do:
• manage and develop a team of family law solicitors, undertaking all line-management duties for these colleagues
• take ownership of a mixed caseload of family matters, undertaking active negotiation and mediation to get the best results for your clients
• review and manage the team’s workload and delegate duties evenly across the team
• actively look for opportunities to improve ways of working and increase revenue
• report directly into the Head of Family Law, providing insights and findings
• advise the team on complex legal queries, acting as the subject matter specialist in family law
This role would suit people who have:
• qualified as a solicitor, with significant post-qualification experience
• a background in family law, with excellent legal technical knowledge
• previous experience in advocacy would be beneficial in this role
• people management experience, with a passion for supporting and developing a team
• outstanding communication skills, with the ability to engage with a range of clients and partners, including executive colleagues within CLS
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• free access to the 5 star Aztec hotel and spa, including gym, classes, pool, and spa facilities
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.