Probate Case Manager
Competitive salary plus benefits (Grade F14)
This role can be based from our Manchester, Sheffield, Bristol, or Stratford-upon-Avon offices, with home-working options available
We’re looking for a motivated probate case manager to join any of our teams in Manchester, Sheffield, Bristol or Stratford-upon-Avon. In this role, you’ll manage your own caseload end-to-end, and focus on the needs of your clients. If you can bring the legal expertise and passion for customer service that we need, then we can offer you the opportunity to develop your career and make a positive difference for your clients.
What you’ll do:
• manage a varied caseload of probate cases from start to finish, using a case management system
• update cases and make sure information is always recorded accurately
• engage with clients by telephone and email primarily
• work collaboratively with experienced members of the team to continually develop your expertise
• make sure that SRA and other relevant regulations are adhered to at all times, as well as ensuring compliance with departmental, business, and wider Co-op policies
• deliver on stretching case progression and related targets
• support in the delivery of legal training within the department, mentoring and supporting other case managers, assisting them with complex elements of their work
• support sales by providing advice and guidance to the probate advisory and consultancy teams
• provide technical guidance to support policy, process and commercial projects and initiatives
This role would suit people who have:
• qualified as a solicitor (CILEX or STEP qualification), or have equivalent legal experience
• a background in probate, with experience of delivering on stretching targets
• great organisation skills; we'll need you to be able to work autonomously and effectively manage priorities
• a client-focussed approach, with the ability to put the client’s interests at the heart of what you do
• great communication skills and the ability to engage confidently with colleagues and clients
• commercial awareness, with great problem solving and analytical skills
• strong IT skills, with particular focus on case management and practice management systems
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.