Paralegal – Personal Injury
£18,000 - £22,800 plus benefits including free onsite parking (Grade G11)
12 month fixed term contract
We’re looking for a Personal Injury (PI) fast track Road Traffic Accident (RTA) paralegal to join our Bristol based personal injury team. At Co-op Legal Services we’re known for our ethical approach, innovative use of technology and commitment to members, customers and colleagues. We’re a leading provider of private client services, with a portfolio of commercial partnerships with blue chip clients in the financial advisory, insurance and banking sectors.
As a Co-op business we have a rich heritage of supporting local communities. Self-development is one of our core values, and we’re committed to building an inclusive workplace where colleagues from diverse backgrounds will thrive. Careers at Co-op Legal offer you the opportunity to learn, grow and succeed in a business that puts people first.
In this role, you’ll join the team focussed on managing the Ministry of Justice (MOJ) portal personal injury cases, with full autonomy from start to finish. We’ll look to you to progress cases effectively to achieve the most appropriate compensation for the client.
What you’ll do:
• process claims through the MOJ portal in personal injury cases to obtain appropriate compensation for clients
• understand medical evidence, valuing claims and advising accordingly
• contribute to the department’s revenue targets
• handle a caseload of road traffic accidents MOJ portal cases including infant claims
This role will suit people who have:
• experience and a passion for managing personal injury cases
• previously used a case management system
• great relationship building and people skills
• excellent organisation skills and high attention to detail
• great communication skills, including an excellent telephone manner
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• free onsite parking
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• free access to the 5-star Aztec hotel and spa, including gym, classes, pool, and spa facilities
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.