Newly Qualified Family Law Solicitor
£24,160 - £36,000 plus excellent benefits including annual bonus, 28 days holiday, pension with up to 10% Co-op contribution, and free support for your wellbeing (Work level 6B)
We’re now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between home and any of our offices in Manchester, Sheffield, Bristol or Stratford upon Avon. Visit colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy for more information.
We’re looking for a family law solicitor to join our team within Co-op Legal Services.
At Co-op Legal Services we do things a different way, we’re continuously innovating our technology to support your delivery and we’re passionate about providing an exceptional client experience.
In this role you’ll manage a varied caseload of new and existing cases end to end, with a client-focused approach to targets. You’ll gain exposure to a wide range of family cases, dealing with anything from fixed-fee divorces to financial disputes. You’ll join a supportive, expert team, and as a fast-growing business we’re committed to supporting your development.
What you’ll do:
• provide clients with legal advice remotely, and via written communication
• manage a mixed caseload of family matters, undertaking active negotiation to get the best results for your clients
• use our case management system to make sure information is recorded accurately
• draft and audit legal documents and correspondence
• build your legal knowledge in all areas of family law, keeping up to date with appropriate protocols and court practices to provide expert legal advice
• work collaboratively with support from the team to continually develop your legal skills, administrative support will also be provided
• line-manage one direct report to develop your leadership skills
This role would suit people who have:
• qualified as solicitor / CILEX qualified, with experience in family law
• good general IT skills
• great relationship-building skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with all types of people
• a high level of attention to detail and great organisational skills
• a passion for providing excellent customer service
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• free support for your mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
• Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your salary as you earn it
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.