Legal Assistant (Probate)
Up to £20,000 plus excellent benefits (Work Level 6C)
Benefits: including: annual bonus, 28 days holiday, discounts, and free support for your physical, financial and mental wellbeing
Bristol, BS32 4SD
We’re looking for enthusiastic legal assistants to join our probate team in Bristol.
As a legal assistant, you’ll support case handlers with a variety of administrative tasks, and most importantly looking after our customers. We're focusing on growing our team to provide the best service for our customers, so we'll be recruiting for this role throughout the year.
You'll gain valuable exposure across our legal business and case management work. So, if you have a keen interest in building your legal career, this is an exciting opportunity to develop your knowledge and expertise in an ethical and innovative business.
What you’ll do
• support case handlers by carrying out range of administrative work which meets the requirements of the case management framework
• work effectively from a task list, making sure that the task list is well maintained, scheduling follow-up tasks with both third parties and internal partners
• support the case handlers with customer communications over the telephone, building up positive relationships and dealing with any issues which may arise
• support in the development and implementation of any process changes to the case management framework
This role would suit people who have
• a keen interest in building your career in legal services
• some administration experience, with a keen eye for detail
• the ability to communicate professionally and sensitively with customers
• a talent for building positive relationships with colleagues and customers
• great organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise work in a fast-paced environment
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• Wagestream - a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.