Legal Assistant – Probate
£18,000 - £20,000 dependant on experience, plus benefits
We’re looking for an ambitious legal assistants to join our Bristol based probate team. At Co-op Legal Services, we’re not like other legal or private law firms. We’re passionate about our customers, members and colleagues, and doing the right thing. And if you can bring the level of enthusiasm and experience we need, we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to progress and develop your legal career with a business that’s all about people.
In this role, you’ll assist case managers with the end to end administration of an estate. You’ll handle lots of queries and calls, making sure you provide an excellent customer service every time. It’s a big job, and an even greater opportunity to learn and develop your legal expertise.
What you’ll do:
• support case managers by carrying out administrative work which meets the requirements of the Case Management Framework
• work effectively from a daily task list; make sure you’re constantly on top of tasks and nothing falls behind SLA
• schedule follow up tasks with both third parties and internal colleagues
• support case managers with customer communications over the phone; building relationships and dealing with any customer issues that arise
• support the development and implementation of any process changes to the Case Management Framework
This role will suit people who have:
• a law degree (any legal experience would be desirable but not essential)
• excellent customer service skills and experience
• the ability to build strong and meaningful relationships with all kinds of people at all levels
• a keen eye for detail you’re confident working in a dynamic environment
• previous administration experience, this’d be an advantage
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• a competitive salary
• 25 days holiday (rising to 30 in line with service)
• an annual incentive scheme
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.