£19,000 - £26,000 plus benefits including free onsite parking (Grade F13)
We’re looking for legal advisors to join our Bristol based team. At Co-op Legal Services we are known for our ethical approach, innovative use of technology and commitment to members, customers and colleagues. We’re a leading provider of private client services, with a portfolio of commercial partnerships with blue chip clients in the financial advisory, insurance and banking sectors.
As a Co-op business we have a rich heritage of supporting local communities. Self-development is one of our core values, and we’re committed to building an inclusive workplace where colleagues from diverse backgrounds will thrive. Careers at Co-op Legal offer you the opportunity to learn, grow and succeed in a business that puts people first.
As a legal advisor, you’ll be delivering legal advice on all areas of domestic and personal law, providing world class customer service. As the first point of contact for customers who need our help, we’ll look to you to understand and establish their needs. This is a great opportunity for you to springboard your career in legal services, as well as gaining great exposure across the business.
What you’ll do
• provide outstanding customer service to both existing and new customers
• utilise your legal training to assist customers in resolving their legal disputes
• carry out research and continually develop your procedural and legal knowledge
• identify opportunities to refer cases to our specialist in-house teams and partner firms
• liaise with external solicitors looking for funding under Co-op Insurance policies
• professionally manage both incoming and outgoing calls, establishing the needs of the customer as quickly as possible
• maintain accurate records of queries, logging details on IT based programmes and case management systems
• direct customers accordingly if they do not require Co-op Legal Services or we cannot assist them
This role would suit people who have
• a law degree or equivalent qualification
• a real passion for developing your legal career
• great customer service skills
• strong attention to detail as accuracy is hugely important in this role
• confidence in communicating different messages
• an empathetic and caring approach for dealing with different circumstances
• good general IT skills with the ability to confidently use Microsoft office
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• free onsite parking
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contribution
• free access to the 5-star Aztec hotel and spa, including gym, classes, pool, and spa facilities
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.