£26,215 - £29,125 plus benefits
45.5 hours per week
We’re looking for a funeral director to join the Co-op Funeralcare and Life Planning team, in a role focussed on the arranging and conducting of funerals. As market leaders we have a reputation for providing a caring, compassionate service when families need it most. In this role you’ll be right at the heart of that service.And in return we can offer you competitive holidays, a pension with up to 10% contribution and access to benefits including discounts and wellbeing support.
As a funeral director you’ll spend most of your time with families, supporting them through the funeral arrangement. And this will mean time is yours to manage- making sure you’re available for your clients when they need you and forming part of an evening (not during the night time) and weekend rota for reactive activity. It’ll be important that you’re with clients, forming strong bonds acting as their trusted advisor, so that you’re not a stranger at their door on the day of the funeral.
What you’ll do:
• be the clients main point of contact, arrange and conduct the funeral (with the support of the wider team)
• carry out care duties such as returning ashes to clients, arranging viewings and spending time out in the communities
• work closely with the funeral arranger making sure client needs are met
• lead the funeral service crew and ceremonial crew on the funeral ceremony and make sure that all necessary information is given to and understood by the logistics team
• assist on the funeral through conducting and when necessary carrying the deceased
• signpost clients to our products and services as necessary, passing over their details to colleagues
This role would suit people who have:
• high levels of compassion, understanding and empathy with the ability to keep a cool head under pressure
• a strong focus on the customer, and ideally some experience working in a customer focused environment
• the ability to capture intricate detail and execute to the letter
• a warm, personal yet professional approach
• a UK manual driving licence (for at least 2 years if you’re based in Northern Ireland)
As a Funeralcare colleague, you’ll get a fantastic benefits package including;
• 23 days holidays (pro rata, rising with service)
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• access to wellbeing support and other benefits
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• exclusive discounts and offers on hundreds of products and services from a huge range of retailers
You’ll also get the opportunity to develop your skills by taking on an apprenticeship as part of your role. Click on the content links below to find out more information about our apprenticeships and what it could mean for you.
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.