Family Law Solicitor
£30,000 - £34,000 plus benefits (Grade E16)
We’re looking for an ambitious family law solicitor to join our Bristol based team. At Co-op Legal Services (CLS), we’re different from other law firms. We’re passionate about our customers, members and colleagues, and doing the right thing is our priority. This is an incredible opportunity, and if you can bring the skills and experience we need, you’ll have a fantastic opportunity to progress your career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
In this role, you’ll be exposed to a huge variety of work giving you the opportunity to really develop your skills as part of a growing and dynamic team. We’ll look to you to focus on helping clients achieve a positive outcome that works for everyone involved. Managing a case load of private paying clients, you’ll be dealing with anything from fixed-fee divorces to complex financial disputes.
What you’ll do:
• provide legal advice to clients over the phone, via written communication channels, and occasionally face to face
• progress a mixed caseload of family matters, undertaking active negotiation and mediation to ensure a satisfactory conclusion for the client
• make sure revenue targets are met
• draft and audit legal documents and correspondence
• continually develop your legal knowledge in all areas of family law, appropriate protocols and the Court process in order to provide technical support to colleagues and make decisions on the progression of your own cases.
This role would suit people who have:
• qualified as solicitor, or will have done at the time of joining us
• experience in family law (this could be through part of a training contract)
• knowledge of divorce, separation, financial settlements, cohabitation and children law
• previously used a case management system before
• confidence building rapport and developing strong and meaningful professional relationships with all kinds of people at all levels
• excellent attention to detail and a strong customer focus
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• a competitive salary
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• an annual incentive scheme
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.