£30,000-£33,000 plus benefits (Grade E)
Fixed term contract until June 2019
Shifts; 8am–4pm, 8:30am-4:30pm, 9am-5pm, 9:30am-5:30pm and 10am-6pm with 1 in 4 Saturdays worked (open to looking at a 4 day week working pattern if needed)
The Co-op is changing. And it’s changing fast. We’re transforming our business to make it fit for the future, and our employee relations (ER) team has a vital role to play in this transformation. We’ve built an ER advice team that provides consistent, expert ER advice and coaching to line managers across the Co-op. This team covers all areas of our diverse business, from funeralcare and insurance to food and legal services. Now we’re looking to recruit a talented ER specialist to join us, and take ownership of a wide range of ER queries. If you can bring us the ER skills we need, we can offer you the chance to build your career and make a serious impact in a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As an ER specialist at the Co-op, you’ll be the first port of call for colleagues to get support and advice on managing a whole host of ER matters. You’ll be confident and understanding in your responses- recognising that your actions can have long term impacts. It’s a big challenge. But it’s also a unique opportunity to help shape the way we deliver our new service.
What you’ll do
• be a key point of contact to resolve a wide range of telephone based ER queries
• reduce the potential risk to the business by providing quality advice and guidance
• apply careful judgement to assess the risk of each case so you can escalate through the right channels at the right time
• influence and guide leaders on a wide range of ER matters (investigations, disciplinary, grievance, performance and sickness absence)
This role would suit people who have
• experience managing ER matters (could be as a HR professional or ops manager)
• a desire to learn and develop your ER knowledge base
• the ability to influence and coach colleagues at all levels
• a track record of working well within a team and on your own initiative
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• a competitive salary
• 28 days holiday
• an annual incentive scheme
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.