£30,000-£35,000 dependant on experience, plus excellent benefits
Bristol, Aztec West
We’re looking for ambitious Commercial Analyst to join our team in Bristol. We’re not like other legal or private law firms. We’re passionate about our customers, members and colleagues, and doing the right thing. And if you can bring the level of enthusiasm and experience we need, we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with a business that’s all about people.
What you’ll do
As a Commercial Analyst you’ll be focussed on financial planning activities for legal services and life planning.
• Assisting in the production of financial forecasts and strategic planning, including assessing and understanding the interaction of transformation programmes with business as usual activity and all other areas of the business.
• Providing detailed financial analysis on an ongoing basis to assist the business in understanding financial performance and reasons underlying any deviations from the financial plan.
• Identify and communicate to non-finance teams risks and opportunities associated with the Business Plan and forecasts including appropriate sensitivities and making recommendations.
• Build and maintain relationships with the Business Partner providing information as requested and keeping abreast of Group planning instructions and deadlines.
• Ensure financial information and analysis required for strategic planning and decisions is provided to the Operational Management and Functional Management teams.
• Working in an open plan environment, quite different to private practice.
This role would suit people who have:
• Confident in dealing with both finance and non-finance people in the business.
• Just qualified or are working towards an accountancy qualification.
• Strong analysis skills are essential.
• An ability to see bigger picture as well as analyse, interpret detail and communicate at appropriate level.
• An ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• A strong Excel modelling skills.
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• a competitive salary
• 25-28 days holiday (rising to 31 in line with service)
• an annual incentive scheme
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.